- The Mets won 4-3 behind the strong pitching of RA Dickey, who gave up three runds in 6-plus innings.
- Dickey also had two hits on the day.
- Henry Blanco said after the game he had a herniated disc in his neck, which he received a shot for. That’s why the Mets called up Omar Santos.
- This is the Mets 20th home win, which is the most in the Majors.
- This is also their sixth straight win at Citi Field. The last time they lost a game at home, it was on May 21st against the Yankees.
- Ruben Tejada went 1-4 tonight with a third inning double and drove in the go-ahead run on a groundout in the sixth for his first MLB RBI.
- Jeff Francoeur has hit in eight straight games hitting .500 over that stretch with two doubles and four RBI.
- Jason Bay was 2-4 with an RBI. Dating back May 9th against San Francisco he is hitting .429 at home with five doubles, two homers and 10 RBI.
- Angel Pagan picked up an assist in the third inning for his team leading sixth.
- The last time an opponent hit a homer at Citi Field was May 12th when Roger Bernadina of the Nats hit two.
- The Mets will make a decision tomorrow on Jon Niese. They still home Oliver Perez will accept a demotion, but it doesn’t sound hopeful.
Posted under Post Game
This post was written by Joe McDonald on June 4, 2010